Partial Tax Year – Tax Return

If you arrived in, or moved back to, New Zealand and so were resident here for part of a tax year, it is compulsory to file an IR3 tax return (Individual Tax Return).

Get Started
I moved to New Zealand in November, so I only worked part of the tax year, but was taxed at the full-year rate. I should be due a refund.

If you only worked part of the tax year, the chances are you will be due a refund. For example, the average refund we process is $1,580 for someone who has worked a 7-month year.

Get Started

What you will need:

  1. A scanned copy of your driver license, or (if you don’t have a licence) a scanned copy of the picture page of your passport. It is an IRD requirement that we correctly identify you.
  2. Your IRD number.
  3. The dates that you entered/departed NZ.
Still have questions?

Talk to the team on 0800 18 18 19

Contact Us

Your account is password-protected, and our service is discreet and secure.

Our experienced and friendly staff only a phone call away.

0800 18 18 19
FreshTax — It’s Refreshingly Simple


0800 18 18 19